Saturday, August 13, 2011

I Love The Sea

Today was a lovely day because I went to Howth.

I had been meaning to go to Howth for a while, but whenever I planned to go there, something always came up.

Some people from my group had gone to Howth before and they all loved it and kept telling me that I had to go. I was determined to go!

So, today I finally went to Howth. It is only a half hour bus ride from Dublin, so it is the perfect day trip out of the city! There is not much to do there. It is a harbor town; a total sea town. A person comes here to escape the big city and just relax.

Mary and I went to Howth. We walked the harbor; got fish and chips and ice cream; and then did a short hike. It was a great day!

The best place in the world is always by the sea.





The harbor.

















Our walk by the harbor.




















I miss the sea!























Old ruins of some sort.



Best ad ever! haha. Irish aren't really known for their grammar....

















The famous Irish writer, W.B. Yeats, lived here!





The street we had to walk in order to get to the hiking trails.





I wish this was my backyard.








Hiking trails.























Only a small part of clear sky!

















Interesting bush!





Creative ad I thought. Waiting for the bus....







No comments:

Post a Comment