Saturday, July 9, 2011

Khush Comes To Visit!


Alex and I


Awkward picture


Stephanie and I :)


Stephanie and Mary


Alex and Stephanie


Mary and me


Guinness for all!


Stephanie and I again!



Alex, Lisa and Khush at O'Reilly's!

These guys pulled me into their picture. So, my friends got my camera and took a picture as well! haha!


My friend from back home, Khush, flew into Dublin today to start her European adventure!

I told her to get her plane ticket so she arrived in the evening to make sure I could meet her at the airport, but of course no one listens to me. No, just kidding. She said that it was cheaper to fly in the morning. It all worked out because I don't work until 2 pm!

Khush's plane also arrived early! I was suppose to meet her at 9:30 am, but by the time I left my apartment, her plane already landed. I guess being early is better then being late.

I told her to meet me at the Spar, a convenient store in Europe. This is the same location that I was suppose to be met at when I first got to Ireland. This time around, no one was going to be left at the airport!

I did find the airport okay on the bus. It was my first time being back at the airport since I had landed in Dublin a month ago. I guess you can't miss an airport.... they are pretty big.

I was at the right terminal, but where were arriving flights? I had to ask someone and they said upstairs. When I arrived upstairs the traumatic memories of being left at the airport came back to me. Goodness.

Since Khush and her friend, Alex, arrived early, they were at a restaurant/cafe in the airport. I walked through the place and could not find them. I didn't know what Alex looked like, so I could not look for him.

I went to the Spar to check that out, but she was not there as well. I decided just to wait and she would meet me at Spar at 9:30.

I didn't have to wait long until I saw Khush. She was rocking out to her music as usual! I was so excited to see her, and by her facial expression, I believed that she was excited to see me as well!

I was so happy that Khush was coming to visit. Things in Ireland have been going great, but it is always nice to hang out with someone who knows you and you don't have to really explain yourself.

Also, I am starting to question some of the people in the internship program. All they want to do is party and I feel like an outsider. They make sure to invite everyone out except for me. When I want to do a walking tour of town, I have no one to do it with. But that is okay, because I am still going to do the walking tour. They can waste their time and money always partying, I have intellectual stuff to do.

The next step was to get Alex and Khush back to my apartment so they could drop off their stuff. Where was the bus stop? I had to ask some workers. And of course it was right in front of us. Fail.

Oh, how I love the bus system in Ireland. Definitely the worst system ever.

Khush had to update me on all the happenings back home. I felt like I hadn't talked to her in forever! I also really wanted to hear the latest gossip at the museum.

One thing that I didn't like was that Alex and Khush questioned if I knew what stop to get off at. This was probably due to the fact that I had to keep looking out the window to see the stop. The thing with the bus system is that they don't tell you what stop you are at. You have to see the stop, and if it looks familiar, you get off. I really didn't like that the kept questioning me. At one point I had to remind them that I had been living in Dublin for a month now.

I brought them to my crappy apartment. I felt so bad that it wasn't a nicer place. They put their stuff down, freshened up and we went to the Omni Shopping Center to get towels, food and some groceries.

I then brought them into town so they could spend the day exploring. I felt bad that I had to leave them, but I had work in the afternoon. I told them to be back at my apartment around 8 pm and I told them how to get back. I hope they make it!

I then went back to my apartment and went to work. I had to bring the Russian students to the National Leprechaun Museum. See other post about details of the Leprechaun Museum.

After work, I met up with Alex and Khush. They had made it back to my apartment. Praise God! We got ready and headed out for a night of fun. We went to a couple of bars, including O'Reilly's and then went to Coppers, this sketch night club. But the club was a lot of fun, playing great 1990's songs! You can't go wrong. We stayed until closing.

It was such a good day and night! Again, I am so happy that Khush is here to hang out with me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment