Monday, July 18, 2011

The Comedy Crunch

Khush and I at The Comedy Crunch!


Lisa and I at The Comedy Crunch :)


Playing Senet, an Ancient Egyptian game, at The Comedy Crunch.


One of the comedians performing.


Danny, one of the hosts of The Comedy Crunch.


One of my favorite comedians, THE Trevor Brown, preforming his hit song, "A Midget and a Hoe".


Who doesn't like, or need, a good laugh?

For over the past month, I have been going to The Comedy Crunch to start my week off with a couple of good laughs :)

The Comedy Crunch is a free comedy show that takes place in the Sheeban Chic pub. The comedy show takes place every Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, with each night hosting a couple different comedians.

I heard about this from some girls in my group. They had come across this coupon book and in the book was an advertisement for the show. After attending the show, I learned that Trip Advisor said that this show was the second best thing to do for free in Dublin. Number one was a walk through St. Stephen's Green. I can't argue with that. I have a thing for walking and parks.

The Sheeban Chic pub is a great pub! I love the whole vibe of the place! The lighting of the place is just right; it is not too bright, but at the same time, you can see what is going on. The place has an eclectic feeling to it, but the items all seem to be from around the turn of the twentieth century. The floors are made out of wood and this gives it a touch of a traditional Irish pub feel.

When you walk into the pub, on your right is a small stage that musicians perform on. Jazz music is usually on the menu.

There is one bar to service the top floor. Behind the bar are bottles of various beers and other items of the past. There are old chandeliers hanging around the bar and this adds to the nice lighting of the place. And of course on tap is Guinness.

There is a good amount of seating. They have tables in the back; taller chairs with small tables and seating at the bar. Candles can be seen on all the tables and this makes the pub very cozy and welcoming.

If you go down the stairs that are in the back, you will find The Comedy Crunch. The Comedy Crunch continues the theme of eclectic items and the cozy, inviting atmosphere that is upstairs, downstairs. It is very calm downstairs and usually people who go to the show are very friendly and you end up meeting someone new.

There is a variety of seating to choose from, but I recommend that you get there early. The doors to The Comedy Crunch opens at 8:30 pm and seating can fill up quickly. If seating does fill up, people are more then welcome to stand in the back.

There is a bar downstairs that has a great deal. 4 Bavarian beers for 10 Euro. Not bad at all, especially when you go with friends.

Colm and Danny are the hosts of the show. Not only are they the hosts, but they also are comedians themselves! Every other day, one of them hosts the show and opens the show up with their act. Not only are they very funny, but they are excellent hosts. They talk to the people who get there early and make sure that everyone is comfortable during the show.

Danny and Colm have started to talk to me more because they have noticed that I have been coming there for over a month. Both are very nice and very interesting to talk to. They are very well traveled.

The show usually starts around 9:30 pm. There are usually two or three acts that start the show and then there is an intermission. During intermission everyone gets free ice cream! I know, you can't get better then that! I usually have to go at intermission to make sure that I catch the last bus.

I love going to The Comedy Crunch and I usually end up going three times a week! I always end up laughing my head off at something. The show has never disappointed me. It is a great way to start a week. Starting the week with laughs, free ice cream and time with friends. Nothing can be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment